Saturday, July 12, 2008

You've Got to be Kidding ME!!!

Ok so aside from my blog her on blogger I also keep accounts on several networking websites. (Facebook, MySpace you know the drill). Today I was logging in to my beloved myspace account when I happened to look at the banner at the top of the screen. You know the one that promises all sorts of great deals on non-existent items just to get you to click on their page? Yeah anyway normally I pay no attention but this particular ad caught my attention. It wasn't your typical banner claiming that if I only click this link I will win a free lap top! It was an advertisment for a dating service. Those are pretty typical too but this ad said this. SUGARDADDIE.com "Dating for the rich and gorgeous" Are you serious? I thought to myself. Do the rich and gorgeous really need help finding a date? I should think not!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are so right, I don't think they should have any problem finding a date. Perhaps finding a mate, but that's a different story entirely. Facebook is worse as they take information from your profile and use it to target you with various ads that supposedly should appeal to you. One women wrote an article saying that while she was single she had ads about finding a date or "the one" (I get tons of Christian dating ads). When she was engaged, she had ads saying "you don't want to be a fat bride..." When she got married, the ads changed to infertility treatment. This creeps me out more than sugardaddie.com I think. It's like we're being stalked and can't do anything about it.

My Trip to Scotland!