Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where do I begin?

So I haven't posted since Thursday and it's not because I have nothing to blog about. The problem is I have too much to say!!! I have no idea where to begin! I could write on and on about the things that I have deemed blog-worthy but then this post would be forever long! I suppose I could break it up into several days worth of posts but I can't decide where to start! I want to comment on the campaign, current news, creative blogs, and a host of other things. I also want to start something new on the blog. I'm not telling you what it is because I want it to be a suprise. I'm trying to liven things up a bit though and make my blog not so ordinary.

Anyway I guess I'll just start writing and see what happens! There's always the backspace key if I decide I don't like the results right?

I think I'll start by bomabarding you with links! I have ran across several things lately that I think everyone should see or read.

To start things off stop by Carissa's blog and read this great post on racism! Carissa's blog is the latest addition to my blog roll of favorite blogs check it out!

Next let's move on to politics. Being my favorite subject I'll send you several places here.

First off the hottest topic of last week was by far Barack Obama's Sermon to the Germans. He says he comes to them as a citizen of the world and he's apparently different than other Americans. He's also apparantly running for president of the E.U. Either that or he thinks the Germans get to vote on November fourth. Sure it was a pretty speech and all but I'm not entirely sure how it was suppose to help his campaign. I think his little trip to Europe may have hurt him especially since he opted to work out rather than visit our troops! According to the Obama camp, the Pentagon advised against it. The Pentagon says otherwise. I think he canceled the trip because he wasn't allowed to bring cameras.

John McCain had a lot to say about Barack Obama on Friday and I rather enjoyed this redstate article on his speech. Also check out the speech by going here. In my opinion it's one of the best speeches the Senator has given during this campaign.

One big topic that has been tossed around the news circuit lately is the McCain camps V.P short list. I found this article on the issue. And here is my version of the list

  1. Mitt Romney
  2. Charlie Crist
  3. Tom Ridge
  4. Tim Pawlenty

The above mentioned articel also includes Piyush 'Bobby' Jindal but that is the first I have heard of him being on the list. It also talks about Condoleeza Rice but I highly doubt McCain is considering her. Tonight Mike Huckabee told Sean Hannity that he would pick Pawlenty if it were him. I don't know a lot about any of the candidates but I'm doing my research. Not that it matters right? This is one decision that is comeplete up to Senator McCain. There is talk of him choosing the V.P. at some point this week and I'm really hoping he does. He needs to do something quickly in order to boost his ratings in the polls (even though we all know the polls mean absolutly nothing!).

Ok that's enough politics for one post. Lets move on to the news. I recently became a fan of the radio program "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" a program that sees the humor in news. You can get their podcast from iTunes. Anyway there are a lot of comical news stories out there. These are some of the ones that tickled me the most. Some of these made Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and some I just found on my own.

Talula Does the Hula: No it's not a book title it's the name of a 9 year old girl from New Zealand. At least it was until a judge ordered her name changed!

Apparently Crime is tiresome work! This funny story was one of the topics on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Apparently police found suspects in a break in case asleep on the stolen goods!

Drive Through. . . Prayers? Yes this story is of one churches creative way of praying with people.

There are tons of other silly stories that I could post but I won't.

Howver in keeping with humor I found something that will make all my UPC buddies laugh. While browsing through my favorite blogs I found this on Tyler's blog. I found it funny and if you've been around the UPC church for long you'll find it amusing as well. Thanks Tyler!

Anyway that's all for now! I have a lot of things going through my head and I'll be posting a lot of stuff over the next few days so stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Carissa Lopez. said...

thanks Yvonne for coming to my blog and adding me to your blogger list.. I'll def. do the same!

My Trip to Scotland!