Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A plethora of political podcasts! (aren't I awesome at alliteration?)

I my dear blogger friends am in heaven! I've always known about podcasts but I never really explored them or listened to any. However a few days ago or perhaps I should say nights ago I was browsing through itunes when I discovered a host of free politics and news podcasts and many of them from conservatives!! Perhaps insomnia has it's benefits after all! I subscribed to four different podcasts right then via itunes and loaded them all onto my trusty ipod. Then I started browsing the web to see what other kinds of podcasts I could get my hands on. The results were amazing!! There are so many resources out there and most of them are FREE!! Yes free a college students favorite word! Sean Hannity, Laura Ingrham, NPR:Talk of the Nation, The Economist, Young America's Foundation, The best of the Left (Keep your enemies closer right?) all kinds of podcasts are available and yes I downloaded them all! over 100 episodes and during my many sleepless nights I have listened to almost all of them and can't wait for the latest episodes to be released! So why am I blogging about this? To share of course! Some of you are saying but I don't have an ipod! Hey thats the beauty of it! If you have a computer with speakers just download iTunes and you too can be in podcast heaven. If you have something against iTunes that's fine too. I being a nice person and all am providing a list of links to awesome podcasts available on the web. Most of them you can listen to directly from the website. Some you can download via iTunes and a lot have instructions for those that have another kind of Mp3 player besides iPod. Podcasts are a great source of information and entertainment as well. iTunes has a large selection of Old Time Radio broadcasts free for download that I love as well. So anyway here is a list of some of my favorite podcasts and links to get you there.

1. Townhall.com Townhall is one of the best conservative information sources out there. It has a magazine that you can subscribe too but it also has several blogs (You'll notice I have one of their blogs on my newly updated blog roll). Just last night I discovered podcasts!!!! So here are some links to my new favorite Townhall podcasts.

2. The Economist. Less about America and more about the world the Economist is a great way to keep tabs on Foreign Affairs.

3. Sean Hannity is one of my favorite Conservative Radio Talk Show Hosts. Listen to snippets of his radio show via podcasts. If you really love Hannity you can subscribe to his podcast for a fee and get the whole broadcast but the short segments usually cover the hot topic of his show.

4. iTunes. DOWNLOAD ITUNES!!! It will offer you a HUGE selection of podcasts in one place including Fox News, CNN, Best of the Left, NPR Talk of the Nation, and many many more

Thats all for now I have a bunch more but I have to get the links so I'll update later on or perhaps put a list at the side of my blog kind of like a blog roll.

Yvonne



No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!