Saturday, October 18, 2008

Homecoming at UAM

Today was homecoming in case you couldn't figure that out from my blog's title! We began the day by making T-shirts in Royer hall. I'm posting some of the pictures! We have some really creative girls living here. Then came my favorite part TAILGATING!!! Since UAM is an alcohol free campus tailgating is actually fun and safe to go to! You walk around to all the different organizations tailgate tables and you sample all their yummy food. We had everything from Ribs to baked beans to hamburgers and cookies and chicken and mmmm it was so good. I was on duty today so I tried to stay close to the dorms meaning I didn't watch the walk of champions but it's the same at EVERY home game so I really didn't miss much. Then I went across the street to the football field for the crowning ceremony. My boss was a homecoming maid so I had to be there to watch her walk across the field. I left before the game started so I could get a few things done in Royer but I went back during the fourth quarter. I was glad I did because that's when the cool stuff happened. Now honestly I don't know a single thing about football. In fact the last game I went to my friends laughed at me because well. . . .I asked what a firstdown was!!! Now that I've gone to a few games though I semi-grasp the concept of football. . . sort of. Anyway I was way excited because the weevils won!!!!! The score was 27-14.





All in all today was a pretty stinkin awesome day. Now I'm sitting downstairs on desk duty until midnight when visitation hours end!





Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.




ME!!!!!!!


My Shirt!!! It had homecoming 2008 on the front in Green and black.

Some of my residents decorating shirts.


Alex VP of RHA and one of my dear friends.

THE WEEVIL OUR MASCOT!!!!


Becca Routt one of my best RA's!!! She planned and directed the entire T-shirt event today.

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!