Thursday, October 9, 2008

Home sweet Home

I FINALLY got home late last night!! I've been stranded in Linn MO for the past 5 days! I never thought I would be so excited about sleeping on a green plastic matress in a square dorm room but I was excited about it last night!! And today I was so happy to get to go to all my classes!!!!! I love going to a small school where all my professors know me by name and actually worry about me when I dont show up for class. I was sitting in stats today and my State government professor who is also my advisor saw me and stuck his head in the door just to say hi to me and make sure I was ok. I love that! That is one thing I am not going to like about moving to a bigger school when I go to Grad school. Although the nice thing about Grad school is you work really closely with your supervisors. Anyway I'm rambling so I'll stop now I'm just so glad to be home!!!

Please continue to pray for Kayla Pack. If you don't know her situation she is engaged to Jared Doran who is related to me by marriage. Jared is a dear friend and I love his fiance. Kayla collapsed on Sunday morning and quit breathing. It was because of blood clots in her lungs. She stopped breathing three times and this caused a lack of oxygen to the brain which has caused brain damage. The Doctors aren't giving the family a lot of hope for her recovery but we are all believing God for a miracle. When you pray just remember to say a prayer for her and her family as well as for Jared.


I know that sometimes it's easier to pray for someone if you have a face to go along with the name so here is a picture of Jared and Kayla.




Love you guys!!!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Don was so kind to send his prayer request of Kayla..it was so sad that she passed away..but God does have plans for us all..we have had many a death in the past 2 months too many to count right now..but I want you to know she is a pretty angel :)

My Trip to Scotland!