Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Twenty-two Days and Counting

So I live in AR but I've been in California for the summer. I got here on May 14th. It is hard to believe that it is already July the 18th and I only have 22 days left before I have to go back. It's been so much fun. There are a few things I would change about the summer but overall it's been a really good summer. I know 22 days sounds like a lot of time but really its not. In one way I'm looking forward to going back to AR and getting back to school but I'll also be very sad to leave. I grew up here and even though I've never felt like I fit or belong here it will always be home. It's not a bad thing that I don't fit I'm certainly not complaining. I fit just right in Arkansas I'm a country girl at heart and I think I always have been. California is a good place to visit. People are always asking me if I'll ever move back and sometimes I'll tell them what I think they want to hear and that maybe someday when I finish school I'll move back but in reality I don't think I'll ever live in California again (sorry Mom). I doubt I stay in Arkansas forever either though. I have a rambling soul and I like new and adventerous things. I love the adventure of living in a new place and meeting new people. I hate constantly doing the same thing over and over again. I like to sit in a different spot everytime I go to church and I never drive to wal-mart the same way twice in a row. People tell me that someday I'll have to learn how to settle in one place but I sure hope not because that would bore me to death. I can't wait until I finish my degree at UAM because that means a new school and new people for me. Really I don't know how I got on this subject I started out just writing about the fact that I don't have much time left to spend with my mom this summer. Oh well it sounds good anyway. Back to the original topic. I fly out of here on Aug 9th and then I move back into the dorms on Aug 12th. Ugh, that means it's back to plastic mattresses, raunchy food, and community showers. . . sounds appealing I know. Thankfully I'll have a week and half or so before it's back to classes at ungodly hours and professors who think it's funny to assign a 5-10 page research paper the first day of class. I think that all professors are required to take some sort of oath saying they will torment their students until the day they graduate. . no really I do. Ok thats enough randomness for now I'm off to find something to eat and sweet talk mom into taking me to the mall or something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know you're an "Arkie" at heart and I'm glad to see that you're looking forward to coming "Home". If you don't feel like you fit in anywhere else, that's because you belong here. We don't even mind if you go off on your little "adventures", as long as you come back to us. It sure is good to hear from you! Your Friend and Prayer Partner, Sis. Debbie

My Trip to Scotland!