Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poetry

The following is a poem that I wrote several months ago on Easter Sunday after hearing Bro. Anthony a young preacher in our church, preach a message entitled you can't silence the blood. I stole the title from my former pastor Bro. Allard. I remember him preaching a message several years ago entitled Hush The Blood is Speaking and it was the perfect title for my poem. Hope that y'all enjoy and remember that I ALWAYS except love in the form of comments ;)





Hush The Blood Is Speaking

I heard it calling and beckoning me
Let me cover you child and set you free
Instead of listening I turned up the music of life
I was happy where I was to heed the voice would bring strife

What is this you ask that is speaking to me?
It’s the blood that is flowing from Calvary
I watch as it trickles from the cross to the ground.
I turn to run and get away from the sound

I don’t need you I cry I’m fine this way
But the blood continued calling everyday
You need this my child you can’t live without blood
Let life flow through you from the crimson flood

I tried to talk louder to drown the noise out
But the blood cried louder it began to shout
You can’t silence me no matter how strong your will
The louder you get I’ll get louder still

Just hush when the blood is speaking and let it work in you
For the blood will be your strength in everything you do
Without my blood you will spiritually die
Just let me cover you I heard the blood cry

I finally stopped running I had become so weak
I heard a voice whisper I have the strength that you seek
I turned to look and there was the blood
I knew I couldn’t outrun Calvary’s flood

I cried out cover me with the blood so strong
Let it cover every sin every wrong
I’m tired of running and tired of seeking
I heard a voice say hush when the blood is speaking


I hope that in some way this poem touches someone out there. I want to use the talent that God has given me to touch someone elses life.

5 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Beautiful poem!!!

Jolene Harris said...

Bonzi, like I told you before that is an awesome poem. Very powerful! Now who's getting spiritual? (lol)
love ya, aunt Jolene

Anonymous said...

well ms. yvonne, i thought i'd get to be the first non-family member to comment, but k.t. beat me to it :-) thanks for stopping by my blog today... your poem IS beautiful! hope you plan to post more of them!

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much guys. . .I love writing poetry it's a God given talent that I want to use to glorify him.

Anonymous said...

Hello Yvonnne,

I just came over from your aunt's blog. Very beautiful poem! Thank God for His precious blood! I have a blog and post poems that I've written too from time to time. Stop by sometime when you have a chance. May you continue to use your gift to glorify the King of Kings!

God's blessings to you,

Carol
www.writeathome.wordpress.com

My Trip to Scotland!