Monday, July 30, 2007

More Poetry. . .

This is a poem that I wrote a few years ago that I thought y'all might enjoy.

I Don't Know Much About Heaven

I don't know what pure gold looks like I've never seen it before

I don't know how big the pearly gates are I've never taken heavens tour

I don't know how wide the crystal river is nor how far it's waters flow

I don't know much about heaven But there is one think I know

I want to go to heaven but not just for the beauty of the place

I want to finally meet My savior face to face

I don't know what songs the heavenly choir will sing

I only want to go to see the king of kings

I don't know what we will eat at the banquet spread

For my eyes will only be feasting on the one at the tables head

Sure I'm looking forward to walking on streets of gold

But only if they lead me to the thronerooms threshhold

I want to bow before him and look upon his face

As I hold his nail scarred hands and thank him for his grace

I don't know much about heaven but there is one thing I know

If Jesus isn't there then friend I don't want to go


I hope that y'all enjoy it!

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!