Thursday, July 26, 2007

Music. . . .A Universal Language




For those of you who don't know or haven't figured it out yet, I love music. It is a passion of mine and I like all kinds of music. I love to sing. . .In my opinion nothing can make a situation seem better like a song can. In light of that I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite quotes and sayings about music and singing. Hope you enjoy :)



A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song - -Maya Angelou


Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don't understand the language that you're singing in, they still know good music when they hear it. --Lou Rawls


For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness. --Reba McEntire (This is so true to me I love sad songs)


A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence --Not sure who said this I'll have to look it up.


Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. --Oliver Wendell Holmes (I think).


Music has been my playmate, my lover, and my crying towel. --Buffy Sainte-Marie (I found this one surfing the web and I fell in love with it. . .lol I have no clue who Buffy Sainte-Marie is.)




Hope you enjoy the quotes. Remember that if you sing your way through life things will always seem brighter. That is what I like so much about that first quote from Maya Angelou. A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer it sings because it has a song. You may not always have the answers to lifes problems but you always have a song to sing. It reminds me of Paul and Silas in prison. At midnight they prayed and sang praises unto God. The didn't have the answer to their problems but they still had a song in there hearts and everything turned out in the end.


Until next time. . . .Crank up the music and enjoy life.


3 comments:

Jolene Harris said...

Bonzi, beautiful thought and you are right. When I am feeling a bit down or not feeling well, music has a way of soothing my spirit and before long I am feeling uplifted. If I am already feeling great, well then, music will just lift me up even higher (that is if it is Godly Music we are talking about here, which I know we are, lol). Like you, my favorite is the qoute about the bird as well.
love ya, aunt Jolene

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I love music too-the quotes were awesome!

Jason said...

Welcome to Monticello. Welcome to the blogosphere.

My Trip to Scotland!