Friday, May 16, 2008

Scotland experiences. . . .Graveyards and Healthcare!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday I was just so exhausted when I came in that I couldn't bring myself to stare at a computer screen long enough to unload my pictures and think of something creative to say in my blog. Yesterday we went and visited the Scottish Parliament and Roslyn Chaple. Today we took a 3hour bus tour to Loch Ness then spent a couple of hours out on the Loch (Scottish word for lake). Our tour guide was great fun! He wore a traditional kilt and everything!

The other two in the picture are Chris Wright and Dr. Adam McKee the instructors that brought us on this field study.
The castle at loch Ness was beautiful. I got several good pictures there.



After we wondered around the castle ruins we took a boat out onto Loch Ness. It was amazing.


After we left Loch Ness we all pretty much crashed on the bus ride home. Poor Lauren the other girl in the pictures has developed a bad ear infection so tonight after we got back and got some supper we had to grab a taxi and take her to the hospital. We decided to take pictures of it as we figured it experiencing socialized health care would count as a culture point lol.





Now we're all in safely for the night (it's about 1:15 am). I can't believe tomorrow is saturday already!! Tomorrow we go see Craigmillers castle and I've heard that it is awesome. After that we are free to do whatever we want the rest of the time we are in Scotland. The four of us pictured in the pictures at Loch Ness plan on climbing arthurs seat to take pictures of the city from the highest point. We've already explored one cemetery but there are several others around that we want to take a look at. I'll end the post with a few pictures of the cemetary as well as the outside of Roslynn Chaple. They wouldn't let us take pictures of the inside due to the fact that it's a church and it's a very very old church that is being refurbished. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! I'm going to sleep now.


Love you guys!!!!!!!!!

This is a picture of a cemetary we stumbled into. We thought we were going back to the one we walked through on the ghost tour but discovered it was a different one. The cemetarys here double as tourist attractions because they are so old and beautiful in a morbid sort of way.
This is a cemetary behind Roslynn Chaple I took this picture from a balcony surrounding the Chapel.

This is part of the outside of Roslynn Chaple.

This is me at a photo point we stopped at on our way to Loch Ness. It's up in the highlands and is so pretty!

OOOPS This one is sideways and I can't figure out how to delete it without deleting all the others above it! SILLY ME!!!. It's a picture of me in front of Hollyrood palace. We were originally suppose to get to tour the inside but Her Majesty the Queen moved in a few days early so we were unable to. It's a beautiful palace. I have some other pictures I'll post later I'm sure.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...it looks cold there. I can't wait to see pics of your church service...
~Cristie

My Trip to Scotland!