Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More of Scotland.

Well it's been another long day. I was going to try and post a lot of pictures but I'm just so exhausted I'm only going to post a few tonight. I'll post the big numbers of pictures when I'm not so stinking tired! We have had a full day. We went to the Edinburgh Castle, The National Museum, then tonight we did this thing called the ghost tours it was so much fun. However my feet are screaming at me! Anyway here's a few pictures. ENJOY!! I'll write more about our experiences later on.




This is a view of the city from the Caslte Wall. Tonight on the ghost tours we discovered a beautiful place with even better views of the city. However it was so dark that we couldn't get good pictures so we are going back in the daylight to take more pictures of that.
This is some of the buildings once you get inside the Castle gates. Edinburgh castle is actually like a small community. Most of the Castles are like that. The palace's are the ones that are just one big massive building.
This is the "One o'Clock Gun" It is a time cannon that is fired at 1pm everyday. Now most time guns are fired at the traditional 12 noon. However the Scotsmen seem to be rather frugal as they decided that it would be a waste to fire 12 shells every day at noon so they moved it to 1 pm so they would only have to fire one shell!
This is a Chapel within the castle walls. It is the oldest buildings still standing in Edinburgh. I have picture with the date on it but couldn't find it. I think it dates back to the 14oo's. This chapel is still in use and you can even have weddings there. However the chapel is so small that it will only houst about 20 guests.
The castle was for the most part a military strategic place. Therfore a lot of soldiers lived within it's walls. In a small garden just below the chapel pictured above there is a cemtetery where the soldiers use to bury their dogs! I have more pictures of this but blogger is only letting me upload 4 or 5 pictures to a post.

I close to 350 pictures today alone so I'm sure I'll be posting plenty more. I want to tell you guys all about the war memorial I went to inside the castle it was very moving. But I'll save that for later when I'm not so exhausted.

Talk to y'all later!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. I'm sure you're having the time of your life. One suggestion, though, and you may already be doing this.

When you're older looking back on these hundreds of pictures of different places in Scotland, they'll mean a lot more to you, and to people you're showing them to who weren't there, if there are people in them. So get in those pictures. It takes a little more time, but it gives them a lot more meaning, and later they won't look like just another postcard.
~Cristie

My Trip to Scotland!