Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No matter what they take from me . . .

THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY MY DIGNITY (in my best Whitney impression)


So I walked into the middle of a speech at an alumni dinner last night. I walked in at the right time because Reverend Shay Gillespie was passionately quoting the words to a Whitney Houston song. I felt the urge to bust out in song but I refrained.

I've always liked the Greatest Love of All but it now has a comical aspect to it because just a few days ago I hosted an open mic karaoke night and someone (a male) got up and sang that song and well it was hilarious.

So imagine with me walking in the the university center and hearing someone shout at the top of their lungs the following words.

I decided long ago,
never to walk in any ones shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They cant take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

It was suppose to be an alumni dinner for Black History month but I think he ended up preaching a sermon. And apparently quoting Whitney Houston was the best way to end it.

I just wish I could have heard the rest of his speech.

Anyway there is as usual absolutely NO point to this blog other than to say for some odd reason I have Whitney songs stuck in my head today!

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!