Friday, September 26, 2008

Irritated

I'm the head R.A. in Royer Hall. I absolutely love my job. However one of my R.A.'s recently told someone that I don't "assert authority" I replied that I do I just do it in a nice way. Tonight I was dealing with a situation in the dorms that was going to require me to leave campus. The RA on duty asked if she needed to go and I said no please stay here you are on duty and public safety will call you not me should something happen that needs our attention. Ok she says then goes over my head to my boss and asks if she can go anyway. By the way this is the RA that says I don't assert authority. Anyway in one way it's a good thing because I can go to bed but in another way I'm just irritated that people do that to me. It's really frustrating to try and do my job when the people I work with wont take me seriously. Maybe I'm too nice? Anyway I'm done ranting now and I'm off to get a few hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Jolene Harris said...

Dearest Niece, I have tagged you! :~D See my blog for instructions. Love you!!!!

My Trip to Scotland!