Friday, September 19, 2008

Devils Advocate

I am a debater at heart. I love to sit down and discuss a topic by looking at both sides. Lately I've found myself playing the "devils advocate" more often than not. That for me means I am arguing for a cause that I may not actually support. For instance Barack Obama. Everyone knows how much I can't stand him but yet I'll often argue some of his beliefs as being valid. I do it for many reasons. One I think it's a lot of fun! Two I think in order to fully understand something you must look at it from all sides and positions. You can't simply say I don't support this person or that issue without knowing why. If you know why it might possibly be a good thing you're argument for it being a bad thing will be much stronger. The reverse can also be true. I simply want you to know that over the next month I may be playing devils advocate on many political and religious issues but please don't' take that as my viewpoint on the issues. I think that it is so important to look at something from all sides and not be too closed minded about things. So anyway that is my explanation for the posts that will follow.

Love you guys!!!

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!