Sunday, March 23, 2008

A new direction. . . .

As you know from an earlier post, I am feeling God call me in a slightly different direction in my life. I have been attending UAM for about 3 years now pursuing a degree in political science. It has been my intention to either go to Law School or enter a Graduate program and pursue a PhD once I finish here. However I feel called to immerse myself in; I don't know what you would call it; God's work I suppose. I feel like the more I surround myself with the things of God and his people and his work the closer I will be to God.
Drama is my passion and it is what I feel like God has called me to do for him. While of course nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about drama leaders (grin) there is the command to be a witness and to spread the precious truth. I feel that Drama is a very effective tool for that. Anyway on with the story. I've been talking to God about becoming more involved in the field of drama ministry and a few times Bible School has come to mind. Then the other night I was talking to a friend at a drama practice in Conway and he asked me if I had considered gong to Bible college. He told me he thought it would be a great way to get my ministry started. To me that was like this confirmation from God(THANKS JARED!). I had already done a little bit of looking at some of the UPCI endorsed Bible colleges and I knew that if I went I would probably want to go to Indiana Bible College. I came home from that drama practice and began doing a little more research. The more I look at it and pray about it and think about it, the more I think I really want and need to go. I've discovered that IBC is about half the cost of UAM. The downside to that is you can't get federal financial aid to go. So now I'm off to try and save roughly 7-$8,000 for my first year of Bible school. I've simply told God that if it is his will for me to be at IBC then he will make a way and provide the money. I'm going to continue to pray about this and seek God's will. I'm asking all of you to do the same. Your prayers are very much appreciated and needed.
all my love,
Yvonne

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!