Monday, October 1, 2007

YOUR TESTIMONY ISN"T OUT THERE!!!!!!!

Tonight I am writing this when I should be studying but I just got out of prayer meeting a little while ago and I have a lot on my mind and writing is the best way to express myself. A while back I had a little run in with the flesh and the devil. He did everything he could to knock me down and knock me out and he came pretty close to succeeding. I am so thankful for prayer warriors that I am surrounded with. Those quiet people that may not have much to say but are silently fighting a spiritual battle for my soul and the souls of the people they are surrounded with. If it weren't for the fact that my very awesome sister hadn't reminded me of Gods mercy I may have slipped farther than I had. I'm so thankful for his grace and mercy. Tonight while I was praying I began to pray for a good friend of mine who is struggling with the world. God began to deal with me about her and gave me such a great burden for her and the ladies that live around me in the dorm. Lately I have ran into so many people that seem to think in order to have a tstimony they have to go out and "sew their wild oats." For some reason they have it in their heads that the only truly great testimonies are from those people that have been delivered from some terrible lifestyle they were living. I have to say I disagree with that. I'm not perfect by any means but I was raised in the truth and I have to say I honestly beleive some of the greatest testimonies are from the ones that can stand and say "I thank God for his KEEPING power" These people can say I've never been scarred by the world, I've never had to go through the pain that a life of sin will eventually bring. No these people aren't perfect by any means but they are among a very lucky group of people. If you are one of these people that seem to think you have to "go get" your testimony I am begging you to re-think that. Draw close to God and allow him to keep you and you will have one of the greatest testimonies there are. I'm not knocking the testimonies of Gods deliverance because everytime I hear of God picking someone up from a pit of sin it makes me want to get all apostolic and shout but I'm telling you guys if you go out into the world expecting God to deliver you, you may want to think again. You are NOT guaranteed a second chance at living for God!!! Don't think you're going to go play with sin and get lucky enough to walk away unscathed and run back to God before he comes back. I just have one thing to say to those that feel like they don't have a testimony because they haven't experienced the world. YOUR TESTIMONY IS NOT OUT THERE!!!!! It's right here in the presence of God. Stay where it's safe and cling to him like never before! We are living in a time where you do NOT want to mess around with your salvation. Ok I'm done preaching now I just had to get out what God laid on my heart tonight.

1 comment:

Jolene Harris said...

Great Post! Those who have never been destroyed by sin and kept safe in the arms of God have a better testimony than anyone.

love you
aunt jolen

My Trip to Scotland!