Monday, September 28, 2009

Professor Grandma . . .

I really have no idea what brought this on but I wrote this about my grandma about 10 minutes ago. I hope you enjoy it :) I may make some changes to it but this is what came out in the first draft.


Professor Grandma

It’s my senior year of college and I’ve found myself looking back a lot these past few days. I asked myself the other day which professor I had learned the most from. Perhaps it was Dr. Strong with all the guidance that she has given me. Or maybe it was Dr. Wright who managed to show me what I DON’T want to do in life. But then I had to ask myself another question. What is a professor? Well a professor I concluded is simply a teacher. So who is it then that has taught me the most important lessons?
She died 8 years ago. But she taught me so much

She taught me ingenuity: who else would have had the creativity to make a band aid out of scotch tape and a cotton ball when she couldn’t find one in the medicine cabinet?

She taught me the art of debate: Don’t back down even if you are wrong and never say you’re wrong and pretty soon no one argues with Grandma.

She taught me my first political science lesson: Clinton was the best President since Kennedy and we should have left his personal life out of this.

More importantly she taught me the true meaning of the phrase Actions speak louder than words: Grandma rarely talked about how much she loved you she just showed you by always making sure you had snacks to eat when you went her house. She never told me to be kind to others she just made grandpa fire up the grill while she slaved away in the kitchen so she would have food to take to a family at the hospital.

Yes I think I have my answer I may have learned the high theories of International Relations from Dr. Strong but I think I’ve learned even more from Professor Grandma

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!