Monday, August 3, 2009

Blessed

A few weeks ago I got a phone call saying that one of my residents from Royer hall had been killed in a car accident. Her younger sister was alson in the accident and the doctors weren't sure if she would live because of some swelling in her brain. Nicole the one who died was only 21 years old. It was a very sad situation. Her sister Ashley was so badly injured that she was unable to attend the funeral. Tonight I logged into facebook and I saw Ashleys facebook status. I was moved when I read it. It said, Ashley Won't Complain! I've Suffered From A Broken Back, Dislocated Elbow, A Fractured Vertebrae In The Back Of My Neck, Fractured Bones In The Front Of My Neck, Fractured Wrists, Swelling Of The Brain, And Cuts And Bruises, After It's All Said And Done I Can Truly Say "I AM BLESSED!" I Also Want To Thank Everyone For All The Prayers And Love You've Shown! God Bless You All! -Words From Ashley- ♥

I am always so encouraged by the strength of people like this. I am sure that her heart is breaking but yet she still has the strength to say I am blessed.

I just wanted to share this with you all. Let it remind us how truly blessed we are!

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!