Saturday, January 17, 2009

I stink at this game . . .

Sorry guys! I stink at keeping up with my blogging. I'm happy to report I made it through the first week of classes! I am also uber excited because I'm taking a very light semester. I've had like 3 in a row that almost killed me so I'm ready for a nice n easy one! I'm only taking 13 hours and 4 of those are my trips to London and Washington (I don't know if I can handle all that work!!). I'm pretty excited about this semester and this year. I know that things are going to be totally awesome!

This coming weekend I get to travel with my sister. I love my sister she is pretty much one of my hero's but we dont get to spend a lot of time together so it will be cool to have her all to myself for a couple of days!!! We are traveling to Denton Texas to check out University of North Texas. I am super interested in their PhD program in political science. I've talked to several staff members from there and they are all really friendly which is a huge plus. A lot of times you try and talk to teachers (especially the PhD types) and they act like they are too intelligent to pay attention to the dumb undergrad from Arkansas.

I'm truly blessed to be at a small school where the teachers have the time to focus on me and my education and I'm not just a 9 digit Student ID number to them. I've pretty much adopted Dr. Strong as my advisor and she is helping me work on getting ready for Graduate school. I love that woman she is another one of my heros! She takes the time to not only make sure I'm learning something from her classes but to make sure that I'm ok in general. If she thinks I'm having a bad day she lets me just hang out in her office and ramble on about how crappy my day has been it's pretty stinkin AWESOME!

Ok I'm done rambling now!!

Talk to y'all later

No comments:

My Trip to Scotland!